Today’s practice tip is one for mental health. In 1997, I discovered the gifts of a daily gratitude practice. It is really easy and is something that can change your life, your mental habits and your outlook on life. Here is how it works-
1. Get a nice journal or composition book
2. Each evening before bed write 5 things you are grateful for that day.
3. Repeat daily for the rest of your life.
Studies have shown that people who practice gratitude daily are happier people. Gratitude is a habit you must practice to create it in your daily life. I know this has changed my life dramatically. Twelve years later I still write five gratefuls each night. Now my whole family does this. It is a great way to end the day together. It takes a small amount of time, it takes daily doses, and it is so worth it. Get started now. What are you grateful for today?
My gratefuls today:
- I get to do what I love each day
- Students who show up and want to learn more
- Two healthy, happy children
- Food on the table
- A husband that holds the same values and works each day to make our family’s life even better