We are getting closer!! The month of forgiveness begins in September. The spark for this project was a conversation between me (Liz) and my friend Nicole. While getting a facial from Nicole we started talking about how to let go of past hurts- how to forgive. This set Nicole on a mission. In her research to understand forgiveness, she came across “The Forgiveness Project.” When she mentioned it to me in passing it took hold. Our first meeting about this project had us both so ready to share this with Greenville. We are excited for you to join us in this labor of love. We have events for everyone- art exhibit, silent auction, dance party, documentary and guest speaker, as well as yoga and breathing (all details below). All money raised from these events will go to the Julie Valentine Center to help abuse survivors on their personal path of forgiveness. May your understanding of forgiveness broaden and may your heart find wide open space along the way.
The F Word: Images of Forgiveness: 9/3-9/16
- View this powerful art installation from September 3 through the 16th. It has been seen in over 300 venues worldwide. The F Word shows eighteen images and stories of radical forgiveness. (free)
- Friday, September 6th visit an opening reception and viewing of the F Word. 7-9pm
- Viewing Hours:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday– 12-4pm (Fri. only 7:30-9pm)
- Tuesday & Thursday- 1-4pm
- Saturday- 4-7pm
- Sunday- 4-7pm
Anniversary Party: Silent Auction, Potluck & Dance Party: Saturday, 9/7
- This will be a combined celebration with Greenville Yoga & Raspberry Moon. We will host a silent auction to raise money for the Forgiveness Project and Julie Valentine Center.
- Bring a dish to share from 4-8pm.
- Stay from 8-10pm to dance the night away with our very own DJ Frank Roth, a former DJ from NYC.
Write Your Way to Forgiveness with Heather Marshall: Thursday 9/12
- Using creative writing techniques, participants will explore moments of their past that have caused unresolved hurt or shame, will write what acknowledgement, apology or reparation they might want, and envision what their lives might be like if they could relinquish resentment, indignation and anger.
- 7:30-9pm (donations)
The Final Gift: Documentary & Speaker Therese Bartholomew: Sunday, 9/15
- Therese Bartholomew will join us to share her documentary The Final Gift about her brother’s murder and her personal journey of forgiveness. Therese’s brother was murdered in Greenville in 2003. September 15th would be his 44th birthday. She joins us from Charlotte, NC.
- There will be a talk and time for questions and answers.
- 4-7pm (free)
Yoga, Breathing & Forgiveness with Liz Delaney: Sunday, 9/22
- Join Liz for a talk that will help you see forgiveness in a new light. Following the talk, practice a gentle flow class with breathwork and meditation that will begin the process of healing.
- 4-6pm (donations)