Many of our yoga students have children at home. So how do you maintain a home practice or any kind of practice when you have little ones with you all day long?
- Make a plan for your practice that is routine. (ex: first thing in the morning or last thing at night)
- Get a babysitter at least once per week so you can come to class.
- Trade with a friend. Agree to take her children once per week so she can go to class and she can take your children once per week so you can go.
- Go to a Family Yoga class with your children.
- Unroll mats in your house and do yoga together. Take turns suggesting a pose and then everyone does that pose.
- Practice at home to a DVD together.
- If all else fails, go for a walk together and breathe deeply. Know that as you walk mindfully and breathe you are practicing a walking meditation (another form of yoga).
Best of all just enjoy your practice any way you can make it happen!