It is our goal to bring inspiring guest teachers to the Greenville area, as well as offer workshops with knowledgeable, local teachers. We hope that you will find a variety of workshops and events that enable you to discover and learn more about your own yoga practice. Please arrive no later than 10 minutes before a workshop start time out of respect to our guest teachers.
If you are interested in our retreat schedule, please visit our retreats page and be sure to sign up at least four to six weeks in advance.
To pre-register for any workshop, you can pay online using the class calendar, bring a check to the studio, or mail payment to 10 W. Stone Ave. Greenville, SC 29609
FREE Yoga, Anniversary Potluck & Celebration
August 19 & 20, 2017
- 7:30-8:30am Maryanne – Introduction to Mysore
- 9-10:30am Caroline – Sivananda
- 10:45-12:15pm Kelly – All Levels Flow
- 12:30-1:30pm Matt – Mindful Flow 2 & 3
- 1:45-2:45pm Liz – Flow & Yin 1 & 2
- 7:30-8:30am Lorraine – Mindful Flow 1 & 2
- 9-10:15am Jill – Gentle Flow
- 10:30-11:30am Lynn – Moderate Flow
- 12-1pm Kimmie- Flow for EveryBODY
- 1:30-2:30pm Susan – Ashtanga Flow 2 & 3
- 3-4pm Sarah – Yin Yoga
- 4:15-4:45pm Lynn- Gratitude Meditation
Community Potluck- Sunday
- Bring a dish to share
- Family friendly
- Good Food
- Raffle $1 / ticket- enter to win 3 months, 6 months and 1 year of yoga. Drawing at 7:15pm.
How Do My Emotions Effect My Body with Craig
September 16, 2017
Join Craig for this fascinating workshop during which we will delve into various effects of our emotional states on our physical body. In easy-to-understand ways, Craig will explain how certain emotional habits we develop can affect our anatomy and physiology over time. The concept of the mind-body link is millennia-old. During this class we will look deeply into this ancient concept through a modern perspective. No prior knowledge of human body systems is required.
Craig A. Metcalf, RN, E-RYT, is a registered nurse and registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance. He has been practicing yoga and meditation since 2007 and teaching since 2008. Craig teaches affordable yoga, meditation, and wellness workshops at various locations throughout the Upstate of South Carolina. He has a true passion for community health and sharing what he has learned along the way.
Mindfulness & Daily Life with Travis
October & November 2017- dates TBA
4 Saturdays dedicated to mindfulness practices. Topics and full class descriptions coming soon.
cost: $30/class or $100 for all 4 class sessions
Yoga with Kathy and Dennis Lang
October 21 & 22, 2017
Exploring the Chakras with 7 Crystal Bowls (a Kundalini inspired practice)
A rhythmic, Kundalini inspired practice accompanied by 7 chakra crystal bowls blending visualizations, affirmations, pranayama and vibrations to move you towards a harmonic balance.
Chakra Vinyasa Yoga
A chakra balancing, flow-yoga practice with synchronized music blending postures, breathwork and meditation.
time:2:00 – 3:30pm
Energetic Anatomy & Teacher Training with Dennis & Kathy Lang
October 20-22, 2017
Have you ever wondered about the “energetic body”? Have you ever wanted to know more about chakras? What in the world are they? How do they work? And how they impact our lives and practice? If you are a yoga teacher and would like to learn more in a very grounded way, you will not want to miss Kathy and Dennis Lang’s teacher training module on Energetic Anatomy and the Chakras.
• Discussion on energy types and manifestations
• A western medical perspective and applications
• Historical basis from ancient yogic texts and evolution
• Contrasting theories and views of energetic systems
• Energetic anatomy and conceptual models
• Psycho-physiological interrelationships
• Meridian theory, nadis, chakras, koshas and marma points
• Applications for everyday life
• Asana practices incorporating Kundalini and chakra vinyasa
• Multi-modal layered practices combining methods, e.g, visualization, pranayama and asana with the integration of sound and vibration
- Friday: 6:00 – 9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 5:00pm (lunch break 12:30 – 2:00)
- Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm (lunch break 12:30 – 2:00)
Cost: $275 for the weekend (register and pay here)
Winter Kirtan with Erick Herlong & Friends
January 13, 2017
The word kirtan stems from a Sanskrit root that means to cut through. David Newman (teacher of kirtan) says kirtan is also “a practice for cutting through the idea of separation, for connecting to our hearts and connecting to the moment through sound.”