Ashtanga Inspired Flow
Ashtanga Yoga is a well-preserved, ancient system that is based on a lineage of teacher to student tradition. This is a vigorous, physical practice with benefits for the heart and mind as well. Most characteristic of Ashtanga is its fast pace and routine sequence of asanas [poses], designed to be a journey of moving meditation. The practitioner learns to focus and concentrate their energies into three aspects: posture, breath, and gaze. This is a very physical practice in a warm room that will help guide you within.
Ashtanga: Mysore Style
Mysore is a method of teaching yoga within the Ashtanga Yoga tradition where instead of being led as a whole class, all instruction is one-on-one within the group class setting. Students practice their own portion of the Ashtanga sequence of poses at their own pace. The teacher assists students individually by giving physical adjustments and verbal cues.
Each student is given their practice by the teacher. Newer and beginner students tend to have a much shorter practice than do those with more experience. As one gains more strength, stamina, flexibility and concentration, additional poses and sequences will be added. New students are welcome.
This class is designed around each individual who is present in class- hence the name ‘everyBODY.’ Each class will be slightly different depending on each class’ specific needs and energy level. Students who have limited mobility, chronic pain, injury or even those who just enjoy a more gentle yoga practice are welcome to attend. The focus of this class is healing the body from the inside out. Class includes instruction on breathing, gentle movement and guided meditation.
- Yoga for EveryBODY focuses on deep breathing and gentle floor movements. Any standing is done with assistance of a chair. Class typically includes restorative yoga poses as well. All poses are done with the support of the floor, blankets, bolsters, a chair, or the wall.
- Flow for EveryBODY includes breath-initiated moment, some standing poses and balance work with gentle stretching to close the class. Think of this as your EveryBODY plus one! These are the next stages if your body is ready to move a little more than our Yoga for EveryBODY. Class will still be modified based on who is in class and you will be welcomed and cared for exactly as you are. Also a great class for those new to yoga or those intimidated by starting a yoga practice.
This class consists of a guided meditation, short discussion on bringing meditation into our daily lives, and introduces new styles of mediation each week. This meditation class is designed to offer tools that you can take home and craft into your own home meditation practice. Meditation can be done in a chair, seated on yoga blankets, or lying down, all levels of comfort are welcome. Calm your mind, settle your body and find a softer focus to your day. Beginners to regularly practicing meditators will benefit from this class.
Mindful Flow Classes
Students in this class will discover the healing power of the breath, healthy alignment of the body, core strength, flexibility, balance, and deeper concentration. Hatha Yoga is the common term designated for movement based yoga practices -literally the combination of sun (ha) and moon (tha).
Mindful Flow classes are Hatha Yoga classes that combine breath-initiated movement with traditional asanas (postures) to create a balanced practice of activity and rest, strength and flexibility, effort and ease. Class pace and energy will be determined by the teacher, based on the students in the room for any given class.
- Level 1 & 2 is perfect for beginners or those who enjoy a slower, more gentle flow.
- All Levels is perfect for those who enjoy a more moderate paced class with a variety of poses.
- Level 2 & 3 is perfect for those who enjoy a more physically challenging practice. Less alignment cues are given in this class.
- Mindful Flow & Yin is half slow, standing flow and half long, deep stretches on the floor.
- $5 Yoga – Slow Flow is perfect for beginners, those with injuries, low energy or those who enjoy a more gentle-paced flow class.
- $5 Yoga – Moderate Flow is for those who enjoy a more active pace of class with a variety of poses included.
Mom & Baby Yoga
Reconnect with your body after childbirth. Learn breathing practices to calm and re-center; learn yoga postures to rebuild strength and flexibility and to soothe the aches of new parenthood. Practice integrates your little one into your yoga practice. Learn basic massage techniques and stretches to do with your baby to bond with your baby and promote healthy development.
Out of respect for your body, please come at least 4-6 weeks after your baby has been born. Open to all parents and caregivers and babies. Bring a baby blanket for your baby to chill on. Tuesdays 2:45-3:30pm
Learn how to use yoga as a tool to support you physically and emotionally through your pregnancy and to prepare for the childbirth process. We will explore yoga postures that help to relieve common aches and pains of pregnancy as well as prepare and strengthen your body for childbirth. Breathing exercises will aid in relaxation, calm your nervous system, and are beneficial to practice in preparation for childbirth and childrearing.
Mary creates a nurturing environment for you to befriend and connect with your body and growing baby. In this safe space you are invited to notice sensations, to experiment with movement and breathing, and to practice being empowered about making choices that are right for you. Tuesdays 1:30-2:30pm
A system of hatha yoga (the yoga of movement) that progresses systematically through the body’s major muscle groups and energy (chakra) areas. Be prepared to experience boosts of energy and mental keenness, as well as deeper sleep and personal peace. Appropriate for all levels.
This class is suitable for ALL bodies. All work will be done on the floor and supported by props. Longer holds of poses allow for a deeper stretch that promotes healing for the physical body. Meditative tools will be used to help calm the mind and open the heart as well.