Contrary to popular belief eating fat does not make you gain weight. In fact, eating a large percentage of calories from healthy fat paired with a moderate amount of animal protein may be just what your body needs to shed excess pounds. Sometimes weight is accumulated in the body when the blood sugar is not balanced; and excess carbohydrates or protein are stored as fat. Eating ample amount of healthy fat and animal protein help to balance your blood sugar.
For most individuals, the blood sugar is on a constant roller coaster of highs and lows throughout the day. Both high and low blood sugar have negative side effects, such as, panic attacks, fatigue, food cravings, weight gain, irritability, and decreased fertility among a collection of other symptoms. Eating a nutritionally balanced diet that contains fat, protein, and carbohydrates throughout the day will help to balance your bodies blood sugar.
When the body’s blood sugar is balanced it functions at an optimum level, food cravings decrease, and moods improve. In addition, eating fat and animal protein will keep you full for hours and satisfy you so you don’t overeat. Set the foundation for a healthy weight with a balanced blood sugar.
- Fat: unsalted butter, coconut oil, almonds, pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.
- Animal Protein: grass-fed beef, pasture-raised chicken, wild-caught salmon, etc.
- Vegetables*: leafy greens, garlic, broccoli, onions, brussel sprouts, squash, etc.
- Nuts and Seeds: almonds, brazil nuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Fruits*: berries, lemons, coconut, peaches, green apples, etc.
*Opt for lower carbohydrate options.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (2) and sauteed spinach in unsalted butter with half of a sweet potato.
- Snack: 2 oz. Grass-Fed Ginger Beef Jerky with celery and 8 almonds
- Lunch: 4 oz. Spice-rubbed salmon over chopped romaine lettuce with sauteed bell peppers and onions with a lemon butter sauce OR pecan chicken salad over romaine lettuce, cucumber, and parsley
- Snack: half of a Protein Shake
- Dinner: 4 oz. Grilled Italian marinated chicken breast with roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower and zucchini